Getting into the Achievement Zone, the place of peak performance where you are unbeatable, is the desire of all top performers.
Did you know that positive stress or eustress plays an important part in success?
How can a star athlete, an olympic winner, or an actor who has delivered a masterful performance concentrate totally on what they are doing? Why aren’t they distracted by the crowd?
When you “get in the Zone”, you have total concentration on the task at hand, and you are totally focused on success, winning, or your best ever performance.
I know you have seen it–an athlete’s face is unforgettable when he is completely focused on his desired outcome. He or she is “in the Zone”!
What Sets Winners Apart?
Top performers have learned to, enter the “Zone” at will . The “Zone” is a state where time seems to stand still, where your movements and actions are totally fluid and natural–but they seem effortless. No matter what you do–it works!
In the “Zone”, you have total peace and stillness. You are so focused that outside distractions simply don’t exist. Being in the zone is almost like an out of body experience!
The ability to achieve a quiet and still mind, when needed the most, is an athlete’s goal – completely focused on the desired outcome.
An athlete may spend days, months or, in the case of Olympic athletes, years, preparing for the moment of peak performance! All that work needs to pay off!
How Do You Reach the Achievement Zone?
Getting into the Zone is possible for anyone. In fact, many people have just sort of tripped into it. Suddenly they realize that they are performing at their highest level–and they are completely focused on the task.
But, for others, it takes hard work and preparation…
- Use stress to your advantage – that’s eustress. The pressure for achievement can be an excellent motivator.
- Practice – Any person who achieves perfection (or near perfection) in an activity–has practiced his chosen activity so that his body knows exactly what to do…
- Emotional control – A winner has complete control over his emotions while performing. Olympic athletes have shown that you can perform exceedingly well, even days after the loss of a loved one. However, you may have seen an athlete break into tears–AFTER the performance was over. He or she maintained emotional control, DURING the performance, when it mattered most!
- Total focus – A peak performer has the ability to be completely in the moment–and to be totally focused on the activity at hand.
- Mental toughness – During a peak performance, a winner will be mentally concentrating on the activity. Negative thoughts are disregarded. There are no thoughts about what he will be having for dinner tonight! Here’s how you can improve your mental toughness.
Is The Zone for Everyone?
Everyone can learn to balance pressure with clarity, necessity and with focus – for optimal achievement performance. Anyone can learn how to be in the Achievement Zone!
Being in the Zone, helps you achieve success, no matter what you do. You can learn to be extremely productive, working to your fullest potential, systematically achieving daily tasks, and still have energy at the end of the day.
You CAN be one of the few who learn to step outside of their comfort zone to meet and achieve ALL their goals.