Aromatherapy for sleep is a popular way to enhance sleep, because it works. Using aromatherapy essential oils for relaxation is pleasant and effective.
Aromatherapy has been used therapeutically for thousands of years, and, today we can draw on the experience of those who have learned how to use it best…
Using Aromatherapy for Sleep
One of the nicest things about using aromatherapy for sleep and relaxation is that the effects are almost instantaneous! You just don’t have to wait a long time before seeing results.
If you use pure essential oils, your body will respond positively to them and help you become calm and centered.
Aromatherapy products come in a number of different forms. You can simply place a drop of essential oil on your forehead. Or you can use one of these methods:
- Pillows – Scented pillows have been used for hundreds of years. Sometimes they were used by royalty and upper classes to smother out unpleasant odors. At other times they were carried by the ladies to provide instant calming effects, etc. You can buy herbal eye pillows that often are filled with flax seeds and have a natural lavender scent.
- Mists – An easy way to provide aromatherapy is to mist your pillow, your bed sheets, your nightwear or the room. You can use a simple spray mister (for fabrics) or a humidifier that mists the room. Amazon sells a number of essential oil mists here.
- Bath salts – Soaking in a tub with aromatherapy bath salts is a great way to relax. To make it even better, turn on some music and light a few candles…
- Body washes – Take a luxurious shower or bath using an essential oil body wash to get yourself calm and relaxed. The scent will linger on, continuing to do its job…
- Sleep masks with essential oils – This combines two sleep aids, sleep masks and aromatherapy and they can be very effective at helping you get to sleep.
Aromatherapy is a proven method of helping people sleep. It’s also a wonderful way to pamper yourself.
So, if you have been feeling nervous and tense, perhaps overworked and under-rewarded, why not use the power of essential oils to help you relax and handle your stress better?
You’ll find that you’re sleeping much better and waking much more refreshed, as well.