A number of essential oil uses work as natural remedies for anxiety and stress. And who can argue with pampering yourself with luxury.
Learning how to use essential oils is easy. However, it is important to use a good quality therapeutic aromatherapy essential oil to get the best results.
Synthetic oils do not have therapeutic qualities. They are often made with chemicals and do not have the quality necessary to relieve stress or physical and psychological symptoms.
Herbs and flower essences can assist your body during times of stress. Pamper yourself with natural stress relief techniques such as a foot bath with aromatherapy essential oils, or relaxing baths that soothe away your anxiety.
While natural essential oils are a great stress reducer for most people, if you have severe allergies, you may have to use essential oils and fragrances with caution.
If you have any question about whether you can use aromatherapy, ask your health practitioner or doctor for advice about using essential oils for natural stress relief.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil has a very refreshing and soothing fragrance. And it is uplifting for your spirit. Here are a couple ways to use peppermint essential oil to relax and soothe both mind and body:
- Peppermint Foot Splash – Combine 1 1/2 cups distilled water, 30 drops of grapefruit seed extract liquid concentrate and 1 tablespoon dried peppermint leaves (or several drops of peppermint oil).Crush the mint leaves and put all the ingredients in a glass jar. Let it sit at room temperature for 2-3 days. Then strain it and store it in a glass jar. The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator up to three weeks. Splash or spray a little on tired feet at the end of the day to refresh and relax.
- Headache relief – Peppermint essential oil can also relieve headaches. Its properties are uplifting and stimulating, and the aroma can help to soothe a tension headache, and relieve fatigue and muscle soreness. All you have to do is place a drop on your forehead, and enjoy…
- Room freshener – Try mixing a few drops of peppermint oil into a spray bottle and spray it into a room–just before guests come over, for that overall happy and fresh feeling.
- Insect repellent – Here’s a way to get more bang for your buck. Lift your spirits while you repel insects. A few drops of peppermint essential oil mixed with water in a mister will do the trick.
Lavender and Rose Bath
The health benefits of lavender include its ability to relieve nervous tension, reduce stress, relieve pain, enhance blood circulation and even treat respiratory problems.
Roses essential oil has a positive affect on the nervous system. Rose essential oil also relieves insomnia and relaxes your mental state.
When I was a young girl, my mother collected rose pedals from her garden, to be placed under a pillow–to help get a good night’s sleep! I still remember the refreshing odor of the dried petals. Roses do work to help you relax and sleep well.
If you have the flowers – Add equal parts of rose petals, lavender and chamomile in a bowl and fill with boiling water. Let seep for 10-20 minutes. Strain, and pour the solution into your bath water.
If you prefer, just place herbs in an open mesh bag and tie the bag tightly. Place the bag in your bath tub and let the water run over it while you are filling the tub. Leave the herb bag in the water while you soak and relax…
Or to make things simpler, just use a couple of drops of essential oils for each herb.
One of My Favorite Essential Oil Uses
Using essential oils in a soaking bath is heavenly. Here is a lovely bath for you to use to soak your troubles away. Simply place 8 drops lavender essential oil and 8 drops rosewood essential oil in your tub under the running water. Unwind in this relaxing bath, made especially for relieving your stress.
If you are like me, you like some variety in your life. Here are some more ways that you can vary your relaxing baths:
- Put Epsom salts in your bath to relieve aching muscles.
- Orange essential oil is known for its uplifting qualities – use essential oils or slices of orange in your bath for an invigorating feeling. Orange is relaxing, calming and helps to soothe the nerves while uplifting the mood.
- To help relieve anxiety use 5 drops of lavender essential oil, geranium essential oil and rose essential oil. Geranium is excellent for easing anxiety and bringing emotional balance.
- Add passionflower leaves or flowers to your bath for serenity and relaxation.
There are many aromatherapy essential oil uses that are pleasing and will help you get rid of stress and anxiety.
Whether you choose to use essential oils in a bath, in candles or even a humidifier, you will be pleasantly pleased with the natural stress relief you experience.
And you’ll find that this form of stress management–is most enjoyable!