Learning how to use chakra chakra meditation can give you increased energy and chakra healing can actually help your body to heal.
This ancient yoga meditation practice can also help with stress and anxiety.
As with other meditations, you should wear comfortable clothing and get into a comfortable postion–either lying down or in a comfortable sitting position.
Chakra meditation, like other meditation types, may take some practice before you get good at it!
Chakra Meditation for Beginners
Chakra meditation helps us to look inward, to experience our inner selves, and, in time, to achieve self realization.
When we practice this meditation, we are working toward chakra balancing, chakra cleansing or chakra healing.
Becoming introspective helps us to sort out thoughts and problems–and analyze them, using good information.
Meditation also helps us to relax physically and to rid ourselves of harmful emotions, stress and tension.
There are many different ways to mediate but one of the most powerful of these is Chakra meditation.
Chakra Meditation Technique
To balance and cleanse the seven chakras helps to remove tension and stress throughout your body and mind.
Start from the base chakra and move upwards through the seven main chakras, including the crown chakra. Examine each chakra for impurities.
Take your time to mentally examine each one for impurities–and then mentally wash the impurities away–ending up being cleansed and balanced. Breathe slowly and deeply.
As you go through this exercise, feel free to return to a chakra, if you feel that you need to…
- Make yourself comfortable and relax your body.
- Breathe slowly and deeply for a couple of minutes.
- Visualize the color red in all forms – a red rose, crayon, apple, etc. Anything you can think of that is red – imagine it. Immerse your thoughts with red. Now using your imagination, move that brilliant red colour to your base chakra. Visualize it moving, swirling, cleansing your base chakra. Keep doing this until you see only a pure red color within your base chakra.
- Now do the same thing with your sacral chakra (below the navel). This chakra is orange, so you’ll be visualizing the color orange in many aspects – the orange fruit, flowers, butterflies, warming fires, the brilliant orange of the sun, etc. Absorb yourself in the color orange. Once you have the color orange firmly in your mind imagine it moving down to your sacral chakra and flowing through it and making it pure. The orange sun colour warming and spinning your sacral chakra removing all impurities. Imagine it cleansed.
- Move onto the solar plexus chakra and the color yellow. Do the same with the color yellow and purify the solar plexus chakra. First, imagine yellow in all its forms and immerse your thoughts with the color yellow. Feel a tingle of energy swirling in your solar plexus chakra. Imagine it becoming pure and cleansed with the color of yellow.
- Slowly bring your attention to the color green. Emerald green, grass green, your favorite green color. Immerse yourself thoughts in the color green. Imagine the green color filling your heart chakra. Open your heart the cleansing color of green. Watch your heart chakra swirl and grow with the purest of green energies. Visualize it cleansed and balanced.
- Imagine the color blue in all its forms – sky blue, water blue, blue butterflies & flowers, etc. The color blue should be firmly in your mind before you move it to flow through your throat chakra. Your throat chakra soaks in and swirls the blue energies removing and cleansing all impurities. See the throat chakra completely cleansed.
- Focus your attention to the color indigo or purple. Envelope your thoughts with everything indigo and then imagine the color cleansing your third eye/brow chakra. Feel the intense pull and tingling sensation in your forehead as the vortex swirls and awakens your third eye. Imagine the color indigo sparkling and cleansing your brow chakra.
- The violet color moves through your thoughts slowly building in intensity. When the violet color immerses your thoughts and mind imagine it growing to fill your crown chakra. Concentrate on the violet flame as it grows in power and strength. Imagine your crown chakra completely purified.
- Keep your concentration on the violet color and watch it grow until it covers your whole body. Visualize all chakras cleansed and purified in their own colors. See the violet flame cleansing your mind, body and soul.
- Visualize the pure divine white light coming down from the heavens and merging with the violet energy. Watch the violet color turn pure white. Your whole body is now encompassed in a pure white light. Enjoy yourself within this peaceful energy for as long as you like.
This chakra meditation is best practiced in a quiet place at first, but when you become confident at doing it you can imagine cleansing your chakras at any time of the day.
Learning how to use chakra can take some time and practice. The most important part of learning how to use chakra is to be consistent and to practice the chakra meditation on a regular basis. Being consistent will help you achieve your chakra cleansing or healing goals more readily.
If you would like assistance in learning to use chakra meditation, this online store has a chakra program that you can download.
It will teach you how to do chakra meditation, and you will be an expert in just a few sessions…