Hypnosis for stress relief works. It is a very effective way to learn how to relax and how to deal with stressful situations. And you can use hypnosis mp3 downloads in the comfort of your home.
In fact, hypnosis therapy is being used by physicians to help cure serious medical conditions like asthma, high blood pressure and even cancer.
Your mind does not know the difference between mental images and real physical experiences. For example, you can imagine yourself to be in a beautiful garden, smelling the lovely flowers, hearing the birds sing and feeling peaceful and relaxed. And your body actually does feel relaxed!
You can teach your body to feel calm and relaxed.
What is Hypnosis Like?
When you are hypnotized, you are not asleep. You are not unconscious and you are not in a coma. It’s more like a subtle shifting of consciousness.
While you are hypnotized, you can still think consciously, but you also have access to the inner workings of your mind. You are able to influence your automatic thoughts and responses. You can reprogram yourself to feel calm instead of anxious, during the situations that are most stressful for you.
However, no matter what issue you are addressing, you are always in control, and you can stop the session, any time that you want to.
Hypnosis is natural and whether you know it or not, you have been hypnotized before. If you have ever mentally rehearsed a job interview, asking someone for a date, or telling someone bad news, you have been performing self-hypnosis. Daydreaming is another form of hypnosis.
Self-hypnosis is a way to practice mentally, the way that you want to think and act in the real world. And it helps you get better at doing it.
How Does Hypnosis Work?
Let me give you an example to show you how you probably do this all the time.
You are asked to give a presentation to the whole company, at work–that’s 450 people. The speech will be given in two weeks.
From the moment that you are asked to speak, you start to worry about speaking in front of all those people. In your mind, you magnify the fear and nervousness that you will feel when giving the speech. You know that you will be nervous, and your speech will be boring.
So, every time you think about giving your speech, you start to have heart palpitations and feel sweaty. Your stomach feels upset and you have trouble concentrating–even though your speech is still 2 weeks away.
You even have trouble putting your presentation together–because when you work on it, you start to feel anxious again!
When the day of the speech comes, everything goes as you expected.
- You can’t sleep the night before the speech
- You feel incredibly nervous
- Your palms are sweaty
- Your breathing is accelerated
- You have trouble giving people in the audience eye contact
- Your hands are shaking visibly
- You feel very self-conscious
- Your voice becomes squeaky
- You have trouble projecting your voice to be heard
You KNOW you are doing a poor job. And you most certainly will be fired! Everything you expected (and practiced in your mind)–has actually happened. You have successfully self-hypnotized yourself!
You rehearsed the scenario, over and over in your mind. And the day of the speech, you and your body knew EXACTLY what to do and feel. That’s an example of negative self-hypnosis.
The truth is that we all hypnotize ourselves all the time. In the illustration above, you talked yourself into feeling miserable and failing, when you gave your presentation. And it worked!
But, did you know that you can do exactly the same thing–for positive results?
Hypnosis is often compared to REM sleep, to daydreaming and to meditation. In each of these, you relax deeply, while your mind explores.
And hypnosis is very similar to each of these, with one exception–with self-hypnosis, you consciously remain in FULL control of your thoughts and your focus. When you hypnotize yourself, you can always redirect your thoughts to a more positive focus.
You can use hypnosis to change your thoughts, feelings, and actions–for the better! And you learn to replace bad thought patterns with good ones.
Such a simple technique, hypnotizing yourself, can be the difference between happiness and misery and the difference between success and failure!
Fortunately there are some excellent hypnosis downloads available. Like anything else, there are both good ones and bad ones on the market.
To make sure that you are getting a quality hypnosis mp3, check the credentials of the therapist who made the program. Do they have much experience? Have they worked with people with your particular issue?
The success of any program mostly depends upon you. You will need to listen regularly to your hypnosis program and consciously try to make it work.
When you listen, make sure you are comfortable and free from distractions.
Prepare to Use Hypnosis for Stress Relief
While you don’t have to lie down for a hypnosis session, as many people think, you should find a place that is comfortable for you.
You may want to sit in a comfortable chair, lie on a deck chair, or get comfortable on a shady section of your lawn. You can be inside or outside, on the floor, a chair or a bed. It is important for you to be in a comfortable position, and you should uncross your arms and legs so that you can relax.
Here are some things to do and keep in mind:
- Plan ahead – Many people do get quite relaxed during a hypnosis session. You should plan ahead. For example, when I am under hypnosis my arms get very relaxed and they feel heavy. If I haven’t placed them where they will be supported, they can fall off the arm rests or table in front of me. This can be distracting.
- Comfortable clothing – Wear loose comfortable clothing. If you have a clothing tag that is scratching your neck or a waistband that is too tight, you will not be able to concentrate, and you won’t get as much from the hypnosis session.
- Quiet location – Despite what many people believe, you do hear everything that goes on in the room when you are hypnotized. When my husband speaks to me or the dog barks, it breaks my concentration and I lose my momentum. Having the room quiet is a big plus when you are hypnotized. Close the door and ask others not to disturb you.
- Use the program regularly – The more you listen, the more results you will see. Even the best hypnotist with the best program in the world can’t help you, if you don’t do your part!
Practicing self-hypnosis is really quite easy. You’ll find it quite pleasant, too. You’ll find that you can use hypnosis as a way to relax, after a long difficult day at work. It can be a great way to wind down and help you get an attitude change—for the better!