Using anger management techniques can help you deal with anger. If you do not know how to control your stress and anger, you can be unpredictable and out of control.
In fact, once the cycle of anger is started, you start to lose control over your emotions and your actions. Controlling your anger helps you gain back control of your life. And improving your self esteem can also help you gain control over your anger!
and a way to control your anger!
What is the Definition of Anger?
Anger is a strong emotion. When angry you can feel hostile and tense. We become angry when we feel threatened, for our person or possessions. Or when you think something is unfair.
You may feel angry when you are hurt, annoyed, slighted, irritated with someone, or when you feel that you have been the victim of unfairness or prejudice. Often people feel anger when theye do not feel that we they in control.
Anger can range in intensity from mild irritation to full blown rage, if it really gets out of control. It is normal and natural to become angry, at times. It would not be normal to never experience any anger!
However, if you let anger get out of control, you can hurt yourself–or others!
Using Anger Management Techniques
Anger management is simply knowing yourself well, and having the self discipline to do what is necessary, to keep your cool and your anger under control.
- In order to control your anger, you need to control your stress.
- Recognizing cues & triggers that “set you off” – don’t be caught unaware. Know what makes you angry, so you can practice staying in control. Be prepared to handle situations that typically make you angry.
- Realize the consequences of your anger – If you have an anger problem, you know where it leads you. And you know what happens if you lose control. Take responsibility for your actions.
- Know your personality type – If you are a type A person who is quick to anger, then you also know that you need to minimize situations that anger you and keep yourself under control.
- Avoid situations that are likely to make you angry – Don’t look for trouble…
- Learn techniques to remain calm – Both meditation and self-hypnosis can help you learn how to stay calm.
- Consider the effective and proven Control Your Anger Program, for anger control, with Mark Tyrrell, to help you reprogram your thoughts so that you will be able to stay in control. Learn how to stay calm, instead of letting your anger take over…
How Does Anger Affect Health?
Anger is not just an emotion. It actually triggers physical reactions in our bodies – including a rise in blood pressure, an increase in heart rate, and a rise in levels of adrenaline and noradrenaline.
If you are in a dangerous situation, these physical reactions can spur you on to action, so that you can keep yourself and others safe.
However, if these reactions occur often, they can lead to permanent physical problems, such as heart disease. This is especially true for men, but it is also an issue for women who don’t control their anger by using effective anger management techniques.
As you can see, it makes sense to know how you react to situations. And, if you have a tendency to anger quickly, or you often let your anger get out of control, you may need to work on anger management techniques, work on raising your self esteem and reprograming your angry thoughts , or seek professional help if you find that you can’t gain control of your anger on your own.